Day 18: Practice makes perfect

”Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action...“
Goldfinger (Ian Fleming)

In some ways there is nothing much to say about killmark number three. The pattern that I have established over the past couple of weeks is now well-established. Barely a minute after I started, I saw the scan probes, spotted the incoming Heron on d-scan, got through the wormhole before he landed, acivated my modules as soon as the wormhole sound informed me he was coming through, approached and engaged him as soon as he decloaked. Thirty-three seconds later I had my next killmark.

In my mind though there are a few things worth noting:

  1. Having messed up so much before, getting it down to a pattern in just three kills shows the benefits of both having a plan, and practicing it
  2. There is always room for improvement. Looking at my combat logs shows that I didn't launch my drones for a full 13 seconds - which seems like a long delay in such a short engagement
  3. It was the first fight that I have really been able to enjoy. The others have all been a blur
  4. Respect for my opponent. I had a short chat with him after. He was not new to the game, but was returning after a long absence. I caught him very much off-guard, but he was very gracious.

Fit similar to previous, with slightly improved guns and faction ammo for more DPS. I have toyed with using the empty low and rig slots, but not sure the expense is justified right now.

[Heron, Nagrindr]
Mark I Compact Capacitor Power Relay

J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Core Probe Launcher I
Modal Light Ion Particle Accelerator I
Modal Light Ion Particle Accelerator I

Small Targeting System Subcontroller I

Hobgoblin I x3

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x500
Scan Resolution Script x1
Core Scanner Probe I x8

Three down, two to go, and a looming sensation that I may not complete phase two of my plan before real life gets busy and my time for EVE is curtailed

Comments

Popular Posts